A major mistake I made this year was believing that every aspect of my life and the people who entered it was mine to control and fix.
When, in actuality, it was just mine to simply experience.
I imagine living a life that’s honored by embracing what it has given for personal growth, not dwelling on what it has taken.
I imagine taking people as they are and accepting the experience of them, good or bad, without always holding my expectations against them.
I have been asking myself, “How much more beauty can I get out of this life if I just change how I see the world, myself, and the people I meet?”
Can difficult situations become ones that I find power in because I believe they are meant to build me and not destroy me?
Can failed relationships and people who have abandoned me be the same people who were meant to teach lessons and then move on to make room for those who will truly cherish me?
Can my mistakes become a necessary reminder of my humanity, an avenue to giving myself more grace, and a way to find greater security in God?
Can there be no hard feelings because the grip on people and things in this life remains loose because I understand that not everything is mine to keep?
Can the emotions I seek to run from be exactly what connects me to humanity and be a gift that draws me to healing and clarity?
I imagine a life in which I truly take the good with the bad.
Maybe life is not about the pressure of doing and figuring out but about experience and acceptance, embracing all that it encompasses, and trusting that God is doing something worthwhile with it all.
- lr

No comments:
Post a Comment