Heart Pieces: Believable Words


I fail; this is an easy thing to admit.


Struggling to grasp the title of redeemed while struggling to release the title of depraved.

I play this intense game of switching my identity back and forth from failure to successor. 




The times I have tried to change this narrative by carving into my head that I am loved and chosen exceed my finger tallies.



Earth’s reality tells me that believing that I am anything other than an on-and-off flake would be foolish. 


For unholy things don’t mix with Holy things. 


Good things don’t mix with bad things.


And imperfect people cannot be accepted by a Perfect being.


Therefore, I am unable to receive such a love as God’s because I am indeed imperfect, and He is indeed Holy.



I have accepted this tainted thinking, and in return, flows the guilt of being offered the love in the first place.


It seems that my mind has turned God's love into chains that I must refuse. 




How mistaken I am…


To see such a gracious and steadfast love as conditional

and to see the Truth as a fallacy.


Adam and Eve must have felt this way.




The enemy convinced Adam and Eve that the One most trustworthy was deceptive.


Though I would love to say that I would never make the mistake of falling into this trap and eating of the tree, at this exact moment, I am proving myself incapable of that proper decision. 




I use the reality that I am flawed to determine whether God’s love for me is appropriate.


Exposing my weakness,

imperfections, 

and humanity, 

just as the first man and woman.




I am Adam and Eve, diminishing the validity of God’s words due to my sinful inability to believe. 




But if I just believe, 

then every unstable reality of myself will conclude in Christ’s devoted love for me.




I am weak, yes, but His grace and power are sufficient in me (2 Cor. 12:9).


I am flawed, yes, but I am washed, sanctified, and justified through Christ (1 Cor. 6:11).


I am human, yes, but He is faithful to complete the work He has begun in me (Phil. 1:6).




All of me, the good, bad, beautiful, and ugly, ends with the truth of Christ’s love.




His love united His Holy with my unholy, declaring me righteous in Him. 


Now, I am allowed to be His before claiming to be anything else. 




He is the way, the truth, and the life, and in all of His wisdom, power, grace, and love, He is able to determine the truth of Himself and me, His creation.



And it is seen that freedom rings when His words are believed.





- lr

No comments:

Post a Comment